And not just any angel. An Archangel. The Archangel Samael. Bear with me, will you?
Crowley (the Supernatural kind, so my apologies to Good Omens fans) has never been an ordinary demon on the show:
- We’ve never seen his eyes flash red
- Or seen him smoke out
- Furthermore his powers more resemble an angel’s
- You know, that weird thing where he can just appear places and disappear like angels do
But that shit is small fish when we get down to business. Let’s talk about the angel Samael,
who is accuser, seducer and destroyer
says Wikipedia. Who else do we know that seduces characters for his own gain? As King of the Crossroads, Crowley spends his days messing with people to get their souls - which destroys them.
However, Samael also
has been regarded as both good and evil
something that Crowley could be viewed as. Yes, we know he’s a demon and therefore evil, but we wouldn’t have stopped the Apocalypse without him, right?
Speaking of the Apocalypse, you guys remember Lilith? She led an interesting life, like that time Lilith
Yep, that’s right. Samael has been described as Lilith’s “husband” and therefore “King of the Demons”. And who did Becky tell us was possibly Lilith’s lover? Ding ding ding, the answer is Crowley.
And what’s more interesting, though this is a stretch, Moses once saw Samael right, ok? And got freaked out, cause let’s face it, dude’s intense. When another angel saw this he explained that Samael is the one,
who takes the soul away from man
who else takes souls away from men? This is straight outta the Talmud baby.
Of course, in this case Samael was actually the Angel of Death - an important role he plays in Jewish lore. It’s not quite the same as Crowley bartering for souls, BUT STILL.
Or is it? Remember that time Dean and Crowley were going to find Death?
Crowley knew where Death was, more or less, but first suggested they get some pizza.
Why. The. Fridge. Did. He. Do. That.
It was innocuous, it was a throw away line right? But then, Dean and Death did get pizza.
How did Crowley know about the pizza? Why would he suggest that? How the double stuffed oreo did he have Death’s scythe in the first place?
Either Crowley was just ridiculously good at his job of King of the Crossroads (which is likely), or the writers are using that as a red herring.
Crowley knew where Death would most likely be because he used to be the Angel of Death, Samael.
- sherlockinthegarrison likes this
- mooseingreenplaid reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- dashboardprophet reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- lajambon likes this
- menoflettuce reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- menoflettuce likes this
- lucid----dreaming likes this
- rnr4ev likes this
- lokieatingreallygoodguacamole likes this
- itwasworthawound likes this
- titanqueen13 reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- blue-eyed-southern-angel reblogged this from softshinythings
- wifi-organic likes this
- theweirdgirlwiththefandoms reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- theweirdgirlwiththefandoms likes this
- controlyourmoose reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder and added:
- acolorfulrejoinder reblogged this from controlyourmoose and added:
- devstiel likes this
- skyehakari reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- kristified reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- kristified likes this
- sassiestdalek likes this
- thelittlestkraken likes this
- allons-y--julie likes this
- trickylilangel likes this
- saltniron likes this
- underoo reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- underoo likes this
- compassionatesouls reblogged this from fandomsandcoffee
- compassionatesouls likes this
- the-unseen-one likes this
- boyandhiswolves reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- sehnsucht-hiraeth likes this
- spnfandoc likes this
- katisatotalnerd reblogged this from linear-relationships
- katisatotalnerd likes this
- niannah likes this
- allsingalong reblogged this from stuckintvland
- infalliblegreatness likes this
- stuckintvland reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- the-unholy-trinity-and-me reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- pet-pet-angel reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder and added:
- xkiharux reblogged this from linear-relationships
- dinoshelleyrex likes this
- oracleofthesky reblogged this from linear-relationships
- starshipsandsuperheroes likes this
- mad-inconsistency reblogged this from destielbiteme
- mindgoopdesigns likes this
- consulting-crowley reblogged this from linear-relationships
- danceswithwookiees likes this