And not just any angel. An Archangel. The Archangel Samael. Bear with me, will you?
Crowley (the Supernatural kind, so my apologies to Good Omens fans) has never been an ordinary demon on the show:
- We’ve never seen his eyes flash red
- Or seen him smoke out
- Furthermore his powers more resemble an angel’s
- You know, that weird thing where he can just appear places and disappear like angels do
But that shit is small fish when we get down to business. Let’s talk about the angel Samael,
who is accuser, seducer and destroyer
says Wikipedia. Who else do we know that seduces characters for his own gain? As King of the Crossroads, Crowley spends his days messing with people to get their souls - which destroys them.
However, Samael also
has been regarded as both good and evil
something that Crowley could be viewed as. Yes, we know he’s a demon and therefore evil, but we wouldn’t have stopped the Apocalypse without him, right?
Speaking of the Apocalypse, you guys remember Lilith? She led an interesting life, like that time Lilith
Yep, that’s right. Samael has been described as Lilith’s “husband” and therefore “King of the Demons”. And who did Becky tell us was possibly Lilith’s lover? Ding ding ding, the answer is Crowley.
And what’s more interesting, though this is a stretch, Moses once saw Samael right, ok? And got freaked out, cause let’s face it, dude’s intense. When another angel saw this he explained that Samael is the one,
who takes the soul away from man
who else takes souls away from men? This is straight outta the Talmud baby.
Of course, in this case Samael was actually the Angel of Death - an important role he plays in Jewish lore. It’s not quite the same as Crowley bartering for souls, BUT STILL.
Or is it? Remember that time Dean and Crowley were going to find Death?
Crowley knew where Death was, more or less, but first suggested they get some pizza.
Why. The. Fridge. Did. He. Do. That.
It was innocuous, it was a throw away line right? But then, Dean and Death did get pizza.
How did Crowley know about the pizza? Why would he suggest that? How the double stuffed oreo did he have Death’s scythe in the first place?
Either Crowley was just ridiculously good at his job of King of the Crossroads (which is likely), or the writers are using that as a red herring.
Crowley knew where Death would most likely be because he used to be the Angel of Death, Samael.
- croatoanragnarok reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- branbridge likes this
- rotgsandy reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- rotgsandy likes this
- thevoiceofwrath likes this
- earthbound-fallen-angel likes this
- simonagrayuniverse likes this
- please-cas-i-need-you reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- ebony-the-dragon likes this
- lilith-michaelis likes this
- freeduhm reblogged this from secretsofthedead
- secretsofthedead reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- the-4-5-6 likes this
- satan-the-sassy-fallen-angel reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- cumberbatch-stole-the-tardis reblogged this from dalekofchaos
- pantheumprincess reblogged this from dalekofchaos
- pantheumprincess likes this
- dalekofchaos reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- dalekofchaos likes this
- prettybutsomethingisalwayswrong likes this
- violation-arachnid reblogged this from jim-moriartysendshislove and added:
- jim-moriartysendshislove reblogged this from ssassuke
- jim-moriartysendshislove likes this
- lordenglishisa-jeffersonstarship likes this
- ssassuke reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder and added:
- seal-66 reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- the-prophet-angel likes this
- shake-that-cas reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- shake-that-cas likes this
- yana125 likes this
- handsomojack likes this
- i-am-a-fangirl-i-am-death reblogged this from priestess-of-blood
- i-am-a-fangirl-i-am-death likes this
- foodmusketeers likes this
- amoralpoison likes this
- blue-eyed-southern-angel likes this
- rachartrek likes this
- theycallmegabrielok likes this
- partypoissonyeahh reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- crownsammy reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- crownsammy likes this
- croatoanfangirl likes this
- lycanthropeparadox likes this
- markpellehgrino likes this
- countthestarswatchthewaves likes this
- novelizationofjude likes this
- gondorianchristine likes this
- priestess-of-blood reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder and added:
- audonamission reblogged this from acolorfulrejoinder
- fear-is-inescapable likes this